What Vaccines Do You Need Before Going For Umrah?December 18, 2022
5 Pieces of Advice Before You Leave for UmrahJanuary 9, 2023
Umrah is considered a non-essential pilgrimage for Muslims around the globe. It is almost like a Hajj. In order to conduct an Umrah, you need to have a visa of Saudi Arabia, unless you are a citizen of Bahrain, Kuwait or Oman. Umrah can be done in just a few hours while Hajj takes a few weeks to complete. Are you looking to perform Umrah? Here are the requirements to go to Umrah:
How to Get the Umrah Visa?
First of all, you need to obtain an Umrah visa. To apply for an Umrah visa, you need to find the Saudi Arabia approved travel agency and fill out an application form after you submit essential travel documents. Then, you will have to wait for a few days while the visa processing is done and the applications are approved.
Here are essential documents you need for an Umrah visa application:
- A complete application form for Umrah visa
- 1 recent passport size photograph in a white background
- A vaccination certificate against Covid-19 must be attached
- Non-refundable and confirmed airline ticket. Departure from KSA must be within a couple of weeks from the date of entry.
More About Umrah Visa
- Umrah visas are issued all year round
- Umrah visas are often valid for 30 days. Once your visa is issued, you will have 30 days to enter KSA. Once you enter, you can stay for no longer than 30 days. Make sure to confirm it with your travel agency before booking since the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah sometimes lessens the stay validity to 15 days, specifically amid the months of Shaban and Ramadan.
- You can also perform Umrah if you are on a Saudi tourist visa. The cost for Umrah is not specific, it may change time after time.